Queensland Public Libraries Association is the peak representative body for public libraries in Queensland. QPLA liaises with key stakeholders and decision makers on current issues; coordinates professional development and networking opportunities for members; promotes the role and value of public libraries and facilitates cooperative projects at local, state and national levels.
A powerful network of valued, diverse and resilient public libraries for Queensland.
QPLA exists to leverage the scale, represent the diversity and strengthen the network of Queensland Public Libraries by:
- Providing representation, advocacy and support for members at local, state and national levels
- Creating and facilitating opportunities for public libraries and stakeholders to collaborate, co-operate and share information and ideas
- Championing the achievements of member libraries through recognition and awards programs and showcasing best practice
- Supporting Professional Development through coordination of conferences, workshops and networking events
- Increased community and government awareness of the role and value of public libraries
- Proactive and innovative systems and processes
- Well-informed members of an active network
- Responsive, accountable governance and a sustainable association.