Promote job opportunities. Send your vacancy information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Children’s Library Coordinator
Ipswich Libraries is a dynamic and innovative provider of a range of library and information products and services to the community.
The new City Children’s Library will provide a premier attraction in the CBD precinct that will seek to motivate customers to return to the Library again and again. This is a new position created to lead the delivery and activation of Library Services at the new City Children’s Library.
Council is seeking to appoint a candidate who will provide expert management and coordination of the City Children’s Library to provide best in class, customer-focussed and innovative library services for children 0-12 years of age and their families. The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of an activation plan for the City Children’s Library with an emphasis on establishing the City Children’s Library as a venue of choice for families of Ipswich.
The successful candidate will have appropriate tertiary qualifications and experience in delivering relevant services to children and families. A current Queensland “C” class driver’s licence is required.
This is a permanent full-time position with a salary range of $100,705 to $106,804 per annum, plus a Council contribution to superannuation of up to 12%.
How to Apply
As part of the application process, you will be required to provide:
- a covering letter of no more than 2 pages outlining your suitability for the role, your contact address and telephone number, and,
- a copy of your resume, that includes details of education and qualifications and your employment history in chronological order starting with current position and the names and contact details of two referees.
To download Position Description click here
For more information on how to apply click here
Applications close: 9 October 2020 , 11.59pm
Branch Librarian – Noosaville/Cooroy Library
Noosa Council is seeking a skilled leader to provide overall supervision of the day-to-day operations of a busy Noosa Council branch library. The role will coordinate branch operations including customer service, building and facilities management, staff supervision, program provision and budget control. This position plays an integral role in contributing towards the strategic development of the library service.
This is a temporary position and we are open to considering a secondment arrangement for a suitably qualified and experienced library professional who would like the opportunity to gain experience with Noosa Council’s professional and innovative library service.
To be suitable for this temporary full-time role you will be a natural leader with a high level of experience leading customer-focused teams in dynamic working environments. You will thrive in a challenging, high-pressure environment, enjoy problem solving and have experience in the leadership of change. You will be passionate about providing high quality customer service, library innovation and continuous improvement.
The position requires the incumbent to hold a degree or post graduate-level degree in library and information studies, cultural services or other related discipline. Demonstrated experience in building facility management, strategic planning and budget control is of an advantage.
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a stimulating role working with a passionate and friendly team in an organisation that values individual contribution and wellbeing.
- Position Status: Temporary Full Time (9 November 2020 to 8 August 2021)
- Department: Community Services
- Branch: Libraries and Galleries
- Team: Libraries
- Advertised: Internal and External
- Position Classification: Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream A) Award – State 2017 (Div. 2, S1)
- Position Remuneration: Level 5 ($78,245.42 to $81,583.69) annually plus Council benefits of annual leave loading and superannuation. Note applicants are generally appointed at the starting
- range of the specified salary.
- Closing Date: 5:00pm (AEST) Friday 9 October 2020
More information and to apply visit: https://noosacareers.applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/ZZ0514-branch-librarian