Promote job opportunities. Send your vacancy information to email@example.com.
Logan City Council
Logan City Council offers a working environment that is hard to match. We’re the seventh largest local government in Australia. We currently have 1,700 employees and more than 90 different lines of business.
We provide a unique workplace that embraces ambition. By providing professional and personal development opportunities we encourage career progression and recognise innovation, creativity and teamwork.
As a Council employee you will enjoy the many benefits our organisation has to offer – including free on-site parking at work and flexible working arrangements.
As Regional Librarian you will be responsible for the overall supervision of the day-to-day operations of a Logan City Council branch library. The key functions includes the delivery of customer service, staff management, building and facilities management, administration and facilitation of key library services including daily operations, information services, program/ event delivery, literacy, reader’s advisory and digital literacy services.
The Successful person will be an experienced team leader who is highly customer focused and passionate about the public library’s role in the community. Through excellent interpersonal skills, they will promote and model a human-centred approach to their team and to the delivery of an exceptional customer experience.
- Supervising the day-to-day operation of the branch library by providing high quality Library services and delivering customer service that is responsive to the current and future needs of the community
- Contributing to the successful operation of the branch library by leading library staff to meet the objectives, goals and strategies of the Branch’s Business Plan and Council’s Corporate Plan
- Developing and coordinating the delivery of library programming that reflect current and emerging community need
- Proactively contributing to the Libraries and Creative Industries leadership team by participating in project working groups, contributing to the strategic development of the library service and promoting a positive organisational culture
Logan City Council relies on the integrity and enthusiasm of our workforce to provide decisions that improve our community. That’s why we’re looking for people who like to learn, seize initiative and take responsibility for achieving excellence.
If you’re the sort of person who is motivated, customer orientated and thrives in a high performing team environment – then we should meet!
We’re looking for Librarians with the following experience/qualifications:
- Recognised degree in Library and Information Science (or equivalent); Eligibility for Associate Membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (or equivalent); supplemented by substantial experience as a qualified librarian in a supervisory role
- Proven knowledge and skills in contemporary management practices including team supervision, performance management, staff development, change management and staff training
- Experience implementing a range of public library programs and activities in the context of community capacity building, lifelong learning and literacy development
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and supervise all matters relating to implementing Council strategies and policies, library policy and procedure, risk management, security, building maintenance and workplace health and safety.
After viewing the position description, if you require more information about the role, please contact Leo Clayton, Library Client Services Program Leader on (07) 3412 4762.
Applications Close: Monday 13 May 2019