Ipswich Libraries is a dynamic and innovative provider of a range of library and information services and products to the community.
The Libraries and Customer Services (LCS) team, in which you will play a leadership role, has built a culture of inclusion, empathy and engagement, where everyday actions clearly demonstrate the team vision:
Creating connections, improving lives – every moment matters
As Library Branch Services Librarian you will be part of the Branch Services team and will be responsible for leading and developing empowered teams to deliver customer focused services to the Ipswich community.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead, supervise and develop empowered, solutions driven, collaborative individuals and teams to deliver efficient and effective customer focused services for diverse audiences.
- Develop the capability of Branch Services teams to deliver information services including local and family history, readers’ advisory, early and family literacy, reference services and digital literacy.
- Work collaboratively to facilitate the development and delivery of training and professional development across Branch Services.
- Consult and contribute to development of policies, procedures, processes and reporting to ensure whole-of-service continuous improvement.
Ipswich Libraries is a multi-site system and you may be required to work at different locations from time to time. In addition, hours of the Ipswich Libraries are spread over seven days per week and this position may be required to work outside the normal span of working hours.
What’s on offer?
This is a permanent full time role, Level 5 with a salary package commencing at $90,018 plus superannuation of up to 12.25%.
- Joining Council as a key member of a team that is passionate and dedicated to building a positive, inclusive and constructive workplace culture
- Genuine demonstrated commitment to flexible work
- Four (4) weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- Ongoing learning and development and career opportunities
- A range of progressive health and wellbeing services
If you feel you are a good fit with our values and are passionate about enhancing the quality of life for the Ipswich community, then this could be the role for you.
How to Apply
- a cover letter of no more than 2 pages describing how and why your skills and experience will assist Council to achieve the results required for this role
- a resume of no more than 4 pages
Closing date: Monday 10 April 2023, 4.30pm.
Please direct any related questions to Gail.Seeney@ipswich.qld.gov.au