Ipswich Libraries is a dynamic and innovative provider of a range of library and information services and products to the community. The Libraries and Customer Services (LCS) team, in which you will play a leadership role, has built a culture of inclusion, empathy and engagement, where everyday actions clearly demonstrate the team vision:
Creating connections, improving lives – every moment matters
As Library Branch Services Coordinator you will actively participate in the LCS Management team and provide operational leadership and accountability for the various functions and support services for library branches and facilities, including those at the award-winning Ipswich City Children’s Library.
Ipswich Libraries is a multi-site system. This position will be initially based at Ipswich City Children’s Library where knowledge and experience around early and family literacy will be advantageous. However, you will be required to work at different locations from time to time. In addition, hours of the Ipswich Libraries are spread over seven days per week and this position may be required to work outside the normal span of working hours.
To be successful in this role you will have public library experience including library leadership experience, as well as the following:
- An excellent fit with our values of communication, collaboration, integrity, efficiency and leadership as well as the LCS Vision
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or extensive skills and experience aligned to the competencies of this role.
- The ability to be resilient, agile, innovative and strategic in a leadership capacity
- A current C class driver’s license
To view the full position description, click here
What’s on offer?
This is a permanent full-time role, Level 7 with an attractive salary package commencing at $106,835 plus superannuation of up to 12.25%.
- Joining Council as a key member of a team that is passionate and dedicated to building a positive, inclusive and constructive workplace culture
- Genuine demonstrated commitment to flexible work
- Four (4) weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- Ongoing learning and development and career opportunities
- A range of progressive health and wellbeing services
How to Apply
- a cover letter of no more than 2 pages describing how and why your skills and experience will assist Council to achieve the results required for this role
- a resume of no more than 4 pages
Closing date: Sunday 8th January 2023 at midnight.
Please direct any related questions to Gail.Seeney@ipswich.qld.gov.au