Conference Call for Papers
Queensland Public Libraries Association (QPLA) invites proposals for presentations, workshop, panel and interactive sessions addressing the overarching conference theme Metamorphosis: overcoming challenges and exploring possibilities.
The dynamics and expectations of public libraries are constantly changing. Libararies need to be proactive in adapting to the changes to customer expectation, the need to provide more flexible spaces, embracing the benefits of technology to enhance engagement and assist staff in adapting to a modern, contemporary environment to provide a holistic service to our communities.
Potential speakers are asked to explore and expand upon the theme in relation to areas such as:
- Advocacy – to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Understanding and preparing for changes in the Library profession, service design and customers
- Digital and Virtual technology – looking outside the square
- Design of library spaces – adapt, revitalise, renew, revisiting customer experience
- Rethinking library branding and marketing
Proposal ideas that extend beyond these thematic areas will also be considered. QPLA may also contact you to refine your session proposal.
It is expected that individual, group, workshop, interactive and panel presentations will vary in duration depending on content and time for questions.
Paper proposals should include:
- Presentation type (Individual, Group, Workshop, Interactive or Panel)
- Presentation title
- Expected presentation duration
- Presentation theme (Digital technology, Design of library spaces, Branding and Marketing, Collection presentation)
- Short description of 30 words summarising the presentation (can be used for promotional purposes)
- An abstract of the proposed topic up to 500 words
- A short biography of the author/s
- Full name and contact details of author/s
A one day registration will be provided by QPLA if your proposal is accepted. You will need to arrange travel and accommodation.
Paper proposals to be submitted by 28 June 2019 via email to email@example.com
For more information call Nicole Hunt at Mackay Regional Council Libraries on 07 4961 9305 or 0436 624 966.