QPLA Professional Development Intensive
QPLA Professional Development Intensive Event 2018
We are excited to invite you to the 2018 Queensland Public Libraries Association (QPLA) Professional Development Intensive – Where The Wild Things Are: Practical strategies for dealing with the most challenging customers, growing resilience and staying safe.
This year the focus is on our people – their wellbeing, strength and resilience. The 2018 program will centre on delivering real and practical strategies that will support staff in dealing with the challenging customer behaviours that present in library spaces. Matthew Barry from Preferred Training Networks will deliver a dynamic, real-world program that will include library scenarios to ensure content is truly relevant. Andrew May, author of bestselling book Flip the Switch and popular blog Performance Matters will present an inspiring keynote address around resilience. View the program here.
The PD Intensive is hosted by Ipswich Libraries and will be presented over 2 days:
- Dealing with aggressive and difficult customers – staying safe when facing aggressive people (workshops)
- Team Effectiveness – acknowledging individual differences, communicating and operating effectively with others (workshops)
- Keynote Address – Resilience, Well-being and Productivity
- Panel Q & A – Policy and Governance around Resilience
- Resilience in the workplace – optimise the resilience of self and others (workshops)
The practical content of Where The Wild Things Are aims to build on the knowledge and skills you and your teams already possess and help everyone deal with such situations.
- Monday only including social hour – $250
- Tuesday only including AGM and breakfast – $200
- Full two day registration – $420
- Quest Springfield Central – Corporate Rates
- Accommodation Fact Sheet
- Program Workshop Session Details.