Local Government Authority Award
2017 Local Government Authority Award
This award recognises the Queensland Local Government Authority that most demonstrates outstanding community service through delivery of an individual program or service.
The Award winner will receive $1,000 for their Library service.
Local Government Authorities are invited to nominate a project and detail in their submission which of the following themes their project addresses:
- Library branding and marketing – telling the story of Libraries, and what we offer, in a way that attracts users;
- Design of Library Spaces – Spaces, new or old, that use purposeful and innovative design elements to increase usage and relevance for our Libraries;
- Partnerships – initiatives that build meaningful relationships with internal and/or external stakeholders;
- Customer service – adopting new or enriched ways to serve our users. This may be through innovative collection presentation; digital innovation; or service models which think outside the square;
- Professional development – building staff capacity, fostering the Library profession and empowering the public library workforce.
- Library programs and outreach – lifelong learning and making the Library an integral part of the community and positioning Library staff as community activators.
The winner will be determined by the QPLA Executive Board based on how well submissions address the criteria. The winner will be announced at the Conference Gala dinner on Monday 16 October.
How to enter:
1. Fill out the accompanying cover page, ensuring all submission requirements below are addressed.
2. The short-listed winners are to supply a PDF that sufficiently describes their project and is suitable for uploading to the QPLA website. Ensure all relevant supporting documentation is included. The submitter is responsible for ensuring all photos are used with permission.
3. Submit entries, signed off by the Manager on the cover document, to the Secretary, QPLA via email@example.com by COB Friday 15 September, 2017.
4. All relevant formats will be accepted as part of a submission and creativity of presentation will be considered.
Profile (Describe your library and community)
- Population served, size, demographic, library use, community needs.
Project Synopsis (Describe the project/program)
- How the program was delivered, and who was responsible
- Outcomes, and how they met the objectives
- Any learnings
- Will the project/program continue
- Documentation must include (eg business case/project plan, templates) to enable other libraries to follow the model.
Evaluation (How did you measure your successes and plan for the future?)
Please include as appropriate:
- Any statistics
- What worked/What didn’t work
- What you would do differently
- Re-evaluation and continuation.
Download the application form.