Queensland Public Libraries Association is the peak representative body for public libraries in Queensland. QPLA liaises with key stakeholders and decision makers on current issues; arranges training and networking opportunities for members; markets the role and value of public libraries and facilitates cooperative projects.
Public libraries enriching Queensland communities.
We are a statewide network of public libraries:
- Providing advocacy support and representation for our members at local, state and national level
- Creating opportunities to share information, ideas and best practice
- Delivering benefits of scale – achieving more together than we could do alone.
- Increased community and government awareness of the role and value of public libraries
- Proactive and innovative systems and processes
- Well-informed members of a strong network
- Responsive, accountable governance and a sustainable association.